Q&A for ESRA Volunteers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Giardia - should I be worried about my other dogs?

2 posters

Go down

Giardia - should I be worried about my other dogs? Empty Giardia - should I be worried about my other dogs?

Post by OH45039 Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:41 pm

My vet called & my foster has a mild case of Giardia. They say it's not necessary to treat. Should I be concerned about it passing to my 2 resident dogs?

OH45039

Back to top Go down

Giardia - should I be worried about my other dogs? Empty Re: Giardia - should I be worried about my other dogs?

Post by mgttri Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:46 pm

Are your other dogs generally healthy? If so, I wouldn't worry too much- pick up the poops conscientiously, though.

Surprised the vet doesn't want to treat-- metronidazole has worked pretty well for my fosters.

Is the pup symptomatic?

Mary

mgttri

Back to top Go down

Giardia - should I be worried about my other dogs? Empty Re: Giardia - should I be worried about my other dogs?

Post by OH45039 Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Pup is jot symptomatic - had 2nd deworming pill this week, which may be why they opted not to treat. Thanks for the feedback

OH45039

Back to top Go down

Post by OH45039 Fri Apr 17, 2015 7:40 pm

Pup is jot symptomatic - had 2nd deworming pill this week, which may be why they opted not to treat. Thanks for the feedback

OH45039

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum